- A set of steak knives is a must have in your kitchen!
- Top-5 best steak knives – top rated quality!
- Additionally good steak knives
- Table of the main characteristics of the best steak knives
- 1. Chicago Cutlery 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set
- 2. J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8-pc Steak Knife Set
- 3. AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Steak Knife Set
- 4. Wusthof Gourmet Six Piece Steak Knife Set
- 5. La Cote 6 Piece Steak Knives Set Japanese Stainless Steel Pakka Wood Handle In Bamboo Storage Box
- 6. Victorinox 6.7833.6US1 sadf Swiss Classic 6-Piece Steak Knife Set
- 7. Cangshan V2 Series 59502 German Steel Forged 8-Piece Steak Knife Set with Solid Acacia Wood Block
- 8. Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece 5″ Fine Edge Steak Knife Set
- How to choose a steak knife
- Conclusion – the best steak knife
A set of steak knives is a must have in your kitchen!
A quality steak knife is a rather long blade, it’s straight or smoothly curved in shape, it has a narrow blade of 4-5 inches, the same entire the whole length but sharply tapering to the pointed age.
The best steak knife is a narrow focus specialized kitchen knife. A knife for cutting stakes is designed only for cutting finished steaks, it can’t be used with raw meat.
Meat is a product that makes the cutting end blunt, that’s why you have to grind a knife very often. That’s why the material from which the knife is made is very important. The blade of the good knife must be made of the stainless steel with the addition of chromium, nickel and other impurities. But you shouldn’t forget that the hardness of the knife may have its drawbacks: if the knife is too hard it can crumble while cutting tough meat.
Top-5 best steak knives – top rated quality!
- Chicago Cutlery 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set.
- J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8-pc Steak Knife Set.
- AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Steak Knife Set.
- Wusthof Gourmet Six Piece Steak Knife Set.
- La Cote 6 Piece Steak Knives Set Japanese Stainless Steel Pakka Wood Handle In Bamboo Storage Box.
Additionally good steak knives
- Victorinox Swiss Classic 6-Piece Steak Knife Set.
- Cangshan V2 Series 59502 German Steel Forged 8-Piece Steak Knife Set with Solid Acacia Wood Block.
- Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece 5″ Fine Edge Steak Knife Set.
Table of the main characteristics of the best steak knives
|Picture||Product name||Main characteristics||Price on Amazon|
|Chicago Cutlery 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set||Strong high-carbon stainless steel is resistant to pitting and rust.
Triple compression brass rivets fasten handle to tang.
Full metal tang runs the length of the knife for added control.
Each knife features a 4.5-in blade.
Washing knives by hand is recommended.
|J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8-pc Steak Knife Set||Large serrations containing smaller serrations ensure sharpness.
4.5″ steel blades will stay sharp for years.
Three rivet handle.
Set of eight.
Triple-riveted handles provide strength and longevity.
|AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Steak Knife Set||8 high-quality steak knives with triple-riveted handles.
Micro-serrated edges never need sharpening.
Forged from single piece of stain-resistant steel.
Hand wash only.
|Wusthof Gourmet Six Piece Steak Knife Set||Set of six 4-1/2-inch steak knives.
Stamped from high-carbon steel with a stain-resistant alloy.
Synthetic polypropylene handles are triple riveted for durability.
Made in Germany.
Limited lifetime warranty.
|La Cote 6 Piece Steak Knives Set Japanese Stainless Steel Pakka Wood Handle In Bamboo Storage Box||6 multi color pakka wood steak knives packed in exclusive bamboo storage box.
Overall length: 9.2”. Blade length: 4.8”.
Blades are 2 mm in Thickness.
Secure & Comfortable Grip.
As is with all wood products hand washing is always recommended.
|Victorinox Swiss Classic 6-Piece Steak Knife Set||Made in switzerland.
Ergonomic fibrox handles are slip resistant.
The choice of professionals, nsf (national sanitary foundation) approved.
|Cangshan V2 Series 59502 German Steel Forged 8-Piece Steak Knife Set with Solid Acacia Wood Block||Classic handle with patent pending redesigned bolster.
Patent pending cutting edge.
Steak knife have a super sharp edge.
National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Approved.
|Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece 5″ Fine Edge Steak Knife Set||German steel.
It has great quality with excellent value.
It has a design that looks and feels great.
It is easy to sharpen.
It is extremely sharp that it cuts through meat perfectly.
1. Chicago Cutlery 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set
This knife has a familiar look and it’s made of qualitative materials. It’s easy to use and helps to do everything necessary perfectly. Such a tool will perfectly complement your arsenal of kitchen appliances.
The blade is made of high-carbon steel with the use of Taper Grind technology which provides the optimal sharpness, protects the edges from deformation and it’s easy to grind.
The blade is applied to the handle with the help of surface mounting. Plus the handle is fixated with three rivets. The handle is made of a walnut and has a classical design.
You can be sure that this knife can cut any type of meat.
- It makes precise and smooth cuts.
- It is aesthetically pleasing.
- The wooden handle is really solid.
- Blades will need sharpening.
- Wood handles cannot get wet.
- Should be washed by hand.
2. J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 8-pc Steak Knife Set
This high quality knife has a heavy blade of stainless steel. It’s strong and durable. It’s irreplaceable in the kitchen. The preparation of the meat dishes will take less time.
It’s made with the use of «surface mounting» technology – halves of the handle are attached to the solid blade with the help of three rivets. If you’re looking for a reliable and durable knife that variant will be perfect.
The J.A Henckles Internation knife has a wavy edge with micro notches. This allows to grind the knife rarely and to control the thickness of the meat you cut.
It looks like a professional tool due to the high polish and satined blade.
- It is well constructed.
- It cuts really smoothly and nicely.
- It doesn’t discolor.
- It feels cheap.
- The rivets rust.
- It is much thinner than imagined.
3. AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Steak Knife Set
Do you want to eat steaks with great pleasure? Than you should supplement your collection of kitchen appliances with the set by AmazonBasics. This knives will help to cut a piece of meat in a blink of an eye. The dinner will become the most pleasant pastime.
These knives have blades with micro notches and that’s why the tool can cut the toughest meat. Due to the serrated blade you can forget about grinding the knife. You just won’t need it.
The handle is securely fixed with three rivets – this provides durability and long service life and the massive protrusion of the handle ensures the safety of using the knife. These steak knives have ergonomical handles which help to use the knive comfortably and without any injuries.
You will feel the pleasant weight while cutting meat with the use of AmazonBasics knife. The price is reasonable and the quality and functionality are on point.
- It is an excellent steak knife at a low price.
- It has a nice weight and balance.
- The blade and handle is easy to wash and maintain.
- It rips and shreds the meat.
- It is not that sharp.
- It is not aesthetically pleasing.
4. Wusthof Gourmet Six Piece Steak Knife Set
The blade of knives from these set are made of high-carbon steel, this is a special alloy resistant to the dirt. This knife has a balanced design and there is no doubt about its durability. The blade is sharpen with a laser, it’s incredibly sharp and easy to care.
The handle is made of Polyoxymethylene, a high-strength synthetic material that has a dense molecular structure. It doesn’t fade and doesn’t change colour. The handle is fixed with three rivets and you can understand how comfortable it is to grip. It’s decorated with red trident logo. All in all, the knife has a traditional look. It doesn’t have bolsters, the blade is straight.
WusthofGourmet Steak Knife is troubleproof while working. It can easily cut a thick piece of meat or a tough steak.
- Comfortable to hold.
- High-quality materials.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Must be washed by hand.
- Low-quality storage case.
5. La Cote 6 Piece Steak Knives Set Japanese Stainless Steel Pakka Wood Handle In Bamboo Storage Box
If you’re looking for a knife with exotic design, this one is a real deal. The main decoration of this set of knives is branded handles made of exotic wood. The handles look amazing, they are polished and treated with phenolic thermosetting resins, which ensures their long-term use.
The ergonomic handle makes the knife especially comfortable to use. The knife isn’t only beautiful, it’s highly functional. Moreover, a double protective bolster ensures safety when using the device.
The blade of the knife is made of Japanese steel, it has the optimal thickness and hardness. Such blade is impossible to crumb, the corrosion can’t affect it. This a reliable kitchen tool, it’s practical and beautiful at the same time. The blade is grinded with a limescale and it creates a brushing effect.
La Cote Steak Knife will serve you faithfully for your whole life. These are examples of fine artwork, they are really luxurious. Treat them carefully and they will serve hand and foot for years.
- It is incredibly sharp.
- It looks unique and beautiful.
- The handle feels comfortable and pleasing.
- It slices through meat smoothly.
- It is not dishwasher safe.
6. Victorinox 6.7833.6US1 sadf Swiss Classic 6-Piece Steak Knife Set
This classic knife by Victorinox is four inches long but that shouldn’t misled you. It can cut the knife of any toughness.
This set of knives will look perfectly at the kitchen. The edge of the blade is rounded. The knife fits comfortably in the hand and is absolutely safe. It has a serrated edge which maximizes the ability to cut the meat without making a big effort.
Victorinox Swiss Classic has ergonomic handle made of fibrox, it’s resistant to sliding which facilitates the ease of use of the knife. The manufacturer didn’t count on the synthetic handle, it is a more hygienic option.
The price of this set if knives isn’t high and it is perfect for cooking and table setting.
- It is immensely lightweight and easy to handle.
- It is really sharp and it cuts smoothly.
- It is well made and durable.
- The blade is thin.
- The handles could be slippery.
- It looks cheap.
7. Cangshan V2 Series 59502 German Steel Forged 8-Piece Steak Knife Set with Solid Acacia Wood Block
This knife is very durable and reliable, and this is the main requirement for working with steaks. Its blade of German steel is 5 inches long, its distinctive feature is its incredible length. Such tool should be used with great carefulness.
Only high quality materials are used while manufacturing the knife. The knife has a classical design, every curve of the knife is designed to ensure reliable and convenient retention of the handle.
Cangshan V2 Series is a perfectly balanced, durable and exquisitely sharp knife. It’s sharpened manually, has an ideal sharpness, it is distinguished by its strength and durability.
- It is aesthetically pleasing.
- It is really sharp and sturdy.
- It is an all-around knife that could through anything.
- It rusts after several uses.
- It is heavy.
8. Messermeister Avanta 4-Piece 5″ Fine Edge Steak Knife Set
How enjoyable is to have a quality knife which can cut a juicy steak in a clap. It’s a great pleasure to dinner with this knife.
This 5 inch knife is created to cut the steak in halves or to separate meat from bones without any problems. The edge of the knife is bent for this purpose. The rounded edge helps to cut any piece of meat easily.
This knife is made of qualitative German high-carbon steel. Its sharpness is its main advantage, and it’s safe to use due to the shape of the bolster.
The handle is made from beautiful Pakkawood, which is water resistant and durable.
Messermeister Avanta steak knife costs a lot but there is an explanation – the blade is rust proof and can be grinded easily, besides the manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
- High performance at a low price.
- Full tang blades.
- Warranted for life against defects.
- Must be washed by hand.
- Wood handles should be kept dry.
- Some users cite durability issues.
- Rivets not always flush to handle.
How to choose a steak knife
A steak knife will become a real helper in the kitchen and will allow you to make routine chores enjoyable. While choosing the knife you should take into account some main criteria.
The type of the blade
There are two types of blades: serrated and straight.
Straight-edge knives provide smoother cuts than serrated blades. The disadvantage is that it wears out faster than serrated blades.
So, serrated blades don’t need to be grinded often. If used on the daily basis, such knives may not be grinded for up to a year.
The standard length of the blade of the steak knife is from 4 to 5 inches.
The steak knife can be made of high-carbon steel or stainless steel.
High-carbon steel is a material of higher quality. Such knife is easier to grind and it remains sharp. However, you have to wash and dry a high-carbon steel knife straight after using it or it will rust.
Unlike this type of steel, stainless steel does not rust, so for most people it is more convenient. However, stainless steel blades require more frequent sharpening.
Three variants are used: metal, wood and plastic.
The traditional steak knife has a wooden handle that provides a more sophisticated look. But a wooden handle loses its strengths properties with frequent wetting, also it makes them look worse. So, such knives shouldn’t be wet and left in dishwashers, you should wipe and dry them immediately.
For this reason, many steak knives are equipped with plastic handles, which are easier to care for, but their design is also less sophisticated.
The number of knives in a set
Steak knives are usually sold in sets of four or six. Choose the number that suits your needs.
The price of steak knives varies from $ 15 to $ 400, that’s why your budget is an important factor while using a set. Remember, that the low price doesn’t characterize the quality of knives. Many cheap steak knives sets have an attractive design and high quality.
Conclusion – the best steak knife
Nowadays, a steak knife is an irreplaceable and extremely important tool in cooking. Professionals think that the taste of many dishes depends on qualitative cutting and they can be trusted in such questions. In this review we have examined cheap, simple, comfortable and qualitative sets of steak knives.
What are the best steak knives to buy
Each of these knives has a magnificent designed, balanced proportions, they are functional and have lots of good reviews from users.
The decision is yours – you should take into account the appearance and the price of knives, Make your choice – you just need to choose what suits your capabilities and needs best. All the knives included to this list are of guaranteed quality and you won’t regret buying them.
What is steak knife for?
A steak knife is a table knife which is designed especially for cutting meat. Steak knife has a convenient handle, a special sharp blade and strong design.
Do the steak knives require special care?
Steak knives with straight blade need to be grinded more often than the knives with serrated ones.
Steak knives, made of high-carbon steel can be washed only manually, they need to be dried immediately to protect them from rust.
Knives of stainless steel are corrosion proof and can be washed in a dishwasher.
Steak knives with wooden handles can’t be left wet or in water or they will start to rot. Such knives need to be washed and wiped dried.
How to keep the steak knives properly?
These knives are very sharp, so they shouldn’t be put in a common box. Store them in the original box in which they were sold (if it was included), or wrap the knives in a towel. You can use a special case that is sold separately
What type of knife should you use for different types of steaks?
The knife with a straight blade is use for the following types of steaks:
- Rare — meat with blood is fried on the outside and it’s red on the inside. Steak temperature – 39-43 °C.
- Medium rare — meat of weak roasting, brought to a “bloodless” state, with a juice of bright pink color. Steak temperature – 42-47 °C.
The knife with a serrated blade is used for the following types of steaks:
- Medium —meat of medium roasting, inside there is light pink juice. Steak temperature – 47-50 °C.
- Medium well — almost roasted meat with clear juice. Steak temperature – 55-57 °C.
- Well done — well done meat without juice. Steak temperature is over 60 °C.