- Beautiful hedgerow without many efforts – that’s a real!
- Top-5 best hedge shears
- Table with the best hedge shears specifications
- 1. TABOR TOOLS B212 Extendable Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
- 2. FLORA GUARD 26” Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with 9” Blade
- 3. WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping
- 4. TABOR TOOLS B228A Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
- 5. Jardineer 2Pcs Professional Garden Shears – 23,6” Heavy Duty Hedge Shears & 8.3” Cut Easy Hand Pruner
- How to choose the best hedge shears
- Conclusion – Best hand held hedge shears
Beautiful hedgerow without many efforts – that’s a real!
Well-groomed bushes in the garden or around the house look aesthetically, very nice, and show that the owner of the house takes care of that. But to maintain greenery in that form, you should purchase special tools. Primarily, you need to buy for this best hedge shears, which will provide a beautiful hedge without any effort.
Proper selection of gardening tools will help to make a particular type of work more quickly and effectively. To take care of hedgerow, bushes, small trees, garden shears are necessary. A distinctive feature of such sheers is a long handle, which allows increasing work efficiency.
Shears are easy to use and cost much cheaper than electric models. The average size of the instrument is typically more than 20 inches, while the cutting part is not less than 5 inches.
The hedge shears are fitting to cut low hedges of bushes with thin branches.
Hedge shears are submitted in a wide assortment. We defined the best models and presented to you in this overview.
Top-5 best hedge shears
- TABOR TOOLS B212 Extendable Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
- FLORA GUARD 26” Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with 9” Blade
- WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping
- TABOR TOOLS B228A Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
- Jardineer 2Pcs Professional Garden Shears – 23,6” Heavy Duty Hedge Shears & 8.3” Cut Easy Hand Pruner
Table with the best hedge shears specifications
|Picture||Product name||Main characteristics||Price on Amazon|
|TABOR TOOLS B212 Extendable Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes||Item Weight: 3.3 pounds.
Extended length: 33″.
Wavy Blade Design.
Adjustable Blade Tension.
|FLORA GUARD 26” Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with 9” Blade||Item Weight: 2.6 pounds.
Extended length: 34″.
Wavy Blade Design.
|WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping||Item Weight: 2.9 pounds.
Carbon Steel Blade.
Adjustable Blade Tension.
Shock Absorbing Bumper.
Professional Wavy Blade.
|TABOR TOOLS B228A Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes||Item Weight: 2.0 pounds.
Sharp Hardened Blades.
Aluminum Light Weight Handles.
Perfect for precision cuts.
|Jardineer 2Pcs Professional Garden Shears – 23,6” Heavy Duty Hedge Shears & 8.3” Cut Easy Hand Pruner||Item Weight: 2.6 pounds.
Carbon Steel Blades.
Low-friction, Rust-resistant Coating.
Heavy Duty Steel Handle.
Wavy Blade Design.
Adjustable Blade Tension.
1. TABOR TOOLS B212 Extendable Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
Shears for cropping old branches of fruit trees and trimming bushes have telescopically retractable handles, capable get longer from 25 to 33 inches. This design feature of the instrument allows working with low bushes – for example, with a hedge. If necessary, via elongate handles, TABOR TOOLS B212 become fit also for cutting high located branches on garden trees.
Shears have sharpened wavy blades made from high-quality tempered steel. It allows them easily get by not only with thin branches of garden bushes and hedgerows, but also remove dry twigs from trees. Telescopic handles increase the lever of pressure on the blade, reducing the muscular effort when working with the tool.
The adjuster bolt is intended for regulating the tension of blades and the size of the gap between them to optimize work with branches of different thickness and solidity.
The handles of the shears are in useful rubber overlaps, enabling you to keep the instrument comfortably. Presence of corrugated surface on the coating of overlaps will not let the instrument slide in hands. Cushioning safeties installed on the handles soften the blows when rapid snap of razors occurs. Also, they will never let you caught fingers with handles while working with shears.
In general, TABOR TOOLS B212 is a powerful and reliable instrument, which would be perfect for both the hobby gardeners and the professional daily use.
- User-friendliness, both when cutting low bushes and when working at long distances thanks to telescopic handles.
- Sharp corrugated blade is quite easy to use and cuts branches without additional efforts.
- Big weight of the tool. Women get tired easily when working with TABOR TOOLS.
2. FLORA GUARD 26” Professional Extensible Hedge Shears with 9” Blade
FLORA GUARD 26” is a shear-trimmer for professional care of garden trees and decorative bushes. The tool will be perfect both for creating topiary garden figures, making hedgerows, and for cutting dry branches and twigs from garden trees and bushes.
A feature of this model of garden shears is telescopic handles. In a folded position, their length is 26,4 inches. In a totally extended position, the length of each handle increases to 34,6 inches. Special clamping locks allow securely fix each handle in an extended position. In doing so, you can reach the furthest points of the hedge or the upper branches of a bush without using stairs or bench.
The blade for FLORA GUARD 26” is made of forged carbon steel having a higher durability. In addition, the razor has a wavy shape, which in combination with high-quality metal and intensity of sharpening allows you to cut enough thick branches and twigs without any hard work. The handles are equipped with special absorbers that reduce vibrating blows from the rapid closing of the blades when cropping a branch. This allows reducing hand tiredness when working with shears.
Material of handles construction is light aluminum alloy covered with rubber, anatomically shaped overlaps.
- Usability thanks to telescopic handles and presence of absorbers.
- Lightweight through using aluminum alloy in the production of handles, which also reduces hand tiredness when working with the trimmer.
- Limited quality of rubber handles, which could result their displacement.
3. WilFiks Hedge Shears for Professional Gardening and Landscaping
This model of garden shears is intended for cutting bushes of a hedgerow, clipping dry branches of garden trees. The length of the handles constituting 25 inches is ideal for working with garden plants.
The razor material is high-strength carbon steel. Acutely sharpened corrugated blades are capable easily cut not only thin branches of bushes, but also relatively thick dry twigs of garden trees. It is also possible to use for cutting grass.
Safety shock absorbers located on the handles make the cutting process smooth, protecting hands from vibration blows when cropping branches. Safety absorbers also prevent the possibility of hand pinching when closing the handles.
There are flexible rubber handles with a wavy surface on the handles of the shears, so it allows you to fix the tool in your hands securely. Rubber overlaps also protect palms of your hands from the formation of abrasions and blisters.
Hedge shears WilFiks are user-friendly as possible, thanks to the ergonomic design, lightweight and optimal length of the handles.
- Ease of use due to the lightweight and smooth cutting branches without sudden clicks.
- Razors made of durable steel are able to cope with quite thick branches and do not require additional sharpening for a long time.
- Rubber overlaps on the handles have a persistent chemical-like smell.
- Rubber handles slide during the working process along with relieving limiters located on them. As a result, it becomes possible to pinch the hands when closing the shears’ handles.
4. TABOR TOOLS B228A Hedge Shears for Trimming Borders, Boxwood, and Bushes
This model of shears is intended for creation garden topiary figures, removing dead branches and trimming hedgerows. TABOR TOOLS B228A is made from light, but at the same time durable aluminum alloy.
Removable stainless blades are formed from tempered alloy steel and are capable to easily cut large, solid dry branches. If sharpening is necessary, you may remove the blades by unscrewing fixing bolts.
On the upper part of the handles there are safeguards made of vinyl, which do not allow the handles to close completely that protects your fingers.
Well-balanced length of the handles of 22 inches makes the hedge shears perfectly comfortable when working with low bushes. Useful rubber overlaps on the shears’ handles provide an opportunity to hold the instrument when operating, without straining of your fingers and hands. This allows you to get less tired when using TABOR TOOLS B228A in caring for garden.
TABOR TOOLS B228A is a user-friendly and practical instrument both for hobby gardeners and professionals providing garden care services.
- Perfect for external cutting and trimming bushes.
- Optimal by the criterion of price-quality.
- Aluminum alloy makes the hedge shears very light, which does not give your hands to get overly tired when working with them.
- The handles of short length do not allow you reach the far branches without using of stairs.
- The hedge shears are good at the work with thin branches, but for cutting thicker twigs you have to make a greater physical force – it would be difficult for women.
5. Jardineer 2Pcs Professional Garden Shears – 23,6” Heavy Duty Hedge Shears & 8.3” Cut Easy Hand Pruner
It is a set of garden shears and hand pruner. It is intended for various garden works; removal of dead branches, trimming hedgerow and figured bushes. It successfully can be used by both professional gardeners and hobby gardeners.
The blades of both instruments are made of durable carbon steel, which remains sharp for a long time, and are capable to easily cut thick branches of bushes.
The corrugated surface of razors does not allow the cut branches to slip out, when they are closed.
Shears are equipped with safety shock absorbers that protect the hands of a gardener from accidental injury squeezing the handles. The handles themselves are covered with flexible rubber overlaps, which prevent slide of the hands and impede the formation of blisters.
A favorite combination in one set of large and small shears allows the gardener to perform a broad range of works of caring for bushes and fruit trees.
- Set “two for one”.
- The sharpness of the blades.
- Rubberized handles’ overlaps do not slip and allow you to comfortably hold the instrument when working.
- Insufficient length of large shears’ handles, which does not allow reaching the upper branches without stairs.
How to choose the best hedge shears
When choosing shears, it is first necessary to pay attention to the following parameters:
- Material, length and dimensions of the instrument.
- Shape of the blade.
Some parts of a hedgerow or a bush might be not easily accessible due to their size or shape, so the shears should have an overall length of 20 to 30 inches, and certain models need to be equipped with telescopic handles to increase and reduce the size.
Please note, although longer handles will help with hard-to-reach areas of the hedge, they will be more uncomfortable in the use.
Handles and grips
Handles of shears should be durable, but not heavy, they are usually produced from steel or aluminum.
Grips are an important characteristic both for comfort and safety. Shears’ grips should be non-slip, so they wouldn’t slip out from the hands during their long-term use.
Serrated or wave-like cutting edge is popular among gardeners. The main advantage of such models is that branches and twigs do not slide along their blades. They are often used for cutting curly or coniferous bushes of a round shape.
Serrated blade that is able to work for a long time without sharpening is perfect for thick branches.
The length of the razors must be at least 5 inches. Standard length is 7-12 inches.
The material of the blades is an important parameter for durability and safety of the edge. Better-quality steel is not only stronger, but also remains sharp longer.
Trimming a hedgerow is a manual physical work performed by hands at shoulder level, so the weight of hedge shears is a very important parameter, which should be considered.
If the instrument is very heavy, you won’t be able to work for a long time. Try to choose a model of a lighter weight, but without sacrifice quality!
Conclusion – Best hand held hedge shears
In order to prevent the garden area turn into a jungle, as well as to give it beautiful appearance, you need to constantly ensure proper care for it. Primarily, you should take care of the timely trimming of the hedgerow and other vegetation. In this case, hedge shears will become surely a great assistant.
The main disadvantage of the manual instrument lies in necessary of use of physical force, so to work with such shears for a long time won’t be able; it is difficult to handle large areas, using them.
However, the hedge shears have a lot more advantages, than weaknesses: the tool is compact, soundless, inexpensive, suitable to use in all weather conditions without requiring electricity.
Today, the market has a quite wide range of hedge shears models. The most prevalent is reliable and durable TABOR TOOLS B228A, which is popular among enthusiasts and professionals.
The shears’ razor made of tempered alloy steel has an excellent hardness and keeps a sharp acute for the longest time. Moreover, the razor can be removed, which will allow you to sharpen it or even change.
The comfort of the work is also determined by the handles that provide a comfortable hold of the tool during cutting. If you expect to work for a long time, this model has a bit shorter handles in comparison with other models, and they are made of aluminum that would reduce your tiredness in working to a much greater degree.
Besides, TABOR TOOLS B228A has a single handles design, which is more reliable than retractable telescopic handles – you will be able to make greater efforts and not worry about the handles will break down or bend.
The simplicity of the mechanism TABOR TOOLS B228A would allow you to easy control and maintain these hedge shears.